Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Proof that internet dating is for losers

OK,
SO I tried it again. Put up an ad.
email a couple of times. Phone call.

Then the slow sinking realization comes into my world.
HELP !!!

I have been talking to this guy for two days. He seems nice enough but after one conversation I am having doubts. He seems a little needy. Wants me to call me like 5 times in one day.

Mistake #1- call him from cell. Now he has the cell # and the ability to text. Which he does, often.
I have only spoken to this person for two days.

Mistake # 2- ever picking up the phone.

In all fairness to him I am sure he is a nice guy, but I literally sat through a 25 minute story about the fact that he is an Eagle Scout and he is the representative for his town, and he is the only one to do it correctly...

I got a lecture on how to properly induct and Eagle scout. And dont mess with this guy.
If you do it wrong he is not afraid to call corporate. He has done it before. Did you know that Eagle scouting ceremonies were to be kept under an hour?

Next time you had better limit yours because he will not allow this, he is very passionate about these matters....

SO as I am getting this story from him I am holding my nose pinched trying not to laugh out loud at this guy. This 33 yr old man. Obviously we have NOTHING in common.

The best part of this entire story is the way he broached the subject.
"I have something you will applaud, something special that I haven't told you yet, I am an Eagle Scout".

I sat in absolute horror, silence for like 10 seconds, then replied, "you mean like a boy scout, um..thats nice"...
fade to silence...roll eyes.

I am mean I know it. I need to figure out how to make this one fade away quickly.