Monday, August 18, 2008

Spiders

On Friday my last day of work my car decided it was quitting too.
I took it into the dealer today to get a diagnostic check done.
This weekend I had tried to skimp out and see if I could figure it out myself.

First, I tried the oil change on Sat. Had them run a check on the car. They say it is the gas cap. I say no I tried that. She says go to autozone they can check it there.
I go to AZ. They say it is your gas cap. I say NO I tried that already. He convinces me to purchase a new one and try that. I do. It doesn't help.
Today I learn I will be going back to NY on Tuesday not Wed I had originally planned.I decide to try and squeeze my car in at a dealer, not my usual dealer.
I go there and he is like you expect us to figure this out and fix it in an hour and a half... I smile and nod yes.
He says they will do their best.

About 45 minutes later he comes back and says well, we figured out what is wrong. You have spiders living in your value (intake valve that helps recirculate the exhaust fumes back in the engine...for those of you who care). They have made nest and it is so webbed up in there that no air is flowing through...doesn't carbon dioxide kill things?

So they have flushed out the valve. He says...did you get an oil change recently? I say yes on Sat. Mind you it is Monday, he says your oil filter is leaking. You need a new one which means you need another oil change. I was like just go for it, I am not going back to that place again.He is like OK it is going to be like 35 dollars more. Plus the 105 it cost for the sider evacuation.

They change up the oil and get me on my way spider free...oh, and he was great he gave me the oil change for free.