Saturday, July 12, 2008

BINGO

So staying true to my roots I went to Bingo the other night.

Sonya convinced me that it would be a great idea to go so I begged Brendon to come along as well.
Never before have I felt so out of place...that may be an exaggeration...but we certainly stood out.

Brendon and I show up to get seats since Sonya was getting a hair cut. Brendon and I were on our own. We were not sure exactly how the whole set up worked...paper cards...get a number...buy a bonker thingy...find a seat...Brendon and I considered lying and saying we could not get a seat and just leaving. BUT we decided, no we would stick it out.

We found seats next to this lovely older man, Donald. Now I may have to tell you Donald put up with a lot of nonsense from us, but he seemed to enjoy us.

Brendon and I sit down and start to enjoy the show...I mean game.
Sonya shows up like 30 minutes late, which means I have to not only be in charge of my 6 boxes of bonking possibilities, but also in charge of her 12 boxes as well. I though my arm was gonna fall off. Anyway it was fine.They have a cheat sheet with all the different games I was old pro but Brendon needed clarification. He did well though as soon as he figured out that the numbers were consistent every row...B has 1-15 I has 16-30...

So, the players at the Armenian Hall are VERY SERIOUS about their BINGO. People were getting into fights with their neighbors if they talked on the phone, but the best player in the hall was

the BIG HOT MESS !!!

This woman looked, well she was a large woman. sitting by her self. I don't think she had teeth, but maybe just the tops or vice versa. She did have a large amount of BBQ spread out in front of her. She had her phone plugged into one ear and her CD player plugged into the other. she had about 36 boxes or 10 -12 cards in front of her as far as she could reach either way...

So she starts yelling call o-69 and a man behind us yells back...:yeah, I bet you like that honey, wouldn't you"...she responds "shut up or I'll punch you in the face"..ok really that is something Sonya would say, but her response is right along those lines....Then she starts complaining about the AC and someone from way across the room yells back at her "why don't you put some clothes on".
Truth be told those tiny spaghetti straps were having a very hard time holding on.

It was a fun night in Watertown. And in case you were wondering, NO we did not win anything.