Saturday, July 26, 2008

Two Lines Mean your Pregnant One Line Means Pathetic

OK, Don't read this posting if you are afraid of TMI.
But if you know me at all you get TMI all the time.
My friend Maggie had helped make me neurotic, notice I did not blame it all on her.

Back Story-
Me; I am on the pill. For my skin for two months now.
I have been hanging out with an old ex from time to time.

Madigan; Is pregnant and likes to read up on certain aspects of the pregnancy. I mean every single aspect of the pregnancy. She can tell you exactly what the baby is making at any given moment. Fingernails, Toes, Blood...you get the picture. I am not knocking this I think it is great.

OK, So my period is really really weird this month. I was starting to get a little concerned and I mentioned something to Maggie. Maggie, who knows everything about pregnancy mentions that it is probably some sort of shedding and I might be pregnant.
I dismiss this idea because I don't want it to be true and it is some sort of period I am having...right?

So a week goes by and I am getting a little more worried. My "real" period has not shown up and I again talk to Maggie and she still insists that it could be ovarian shedding and that I could be pregnant. I had messed up my pills and maybe it is just the pills but I should take a preggers test just to be sure.

So I go to work and I am freaking out a little because a baby is certainly not what I need at this point in my life. I have 20 dollars in my bank account.

Babies cost more than $20.00

So I drag Sonya to CVS with me to buy a stupid test thinking this could be the end of the world. I mean it is like I am 16 again...I mean 18 again ...

I go back to work and Sonya and I wait for the magical stick to either ruin my life or make my day a little better.

One line, One distinct line...wheeeewho.
No babies for me.

So I throw the stick in the trash. But me being me can not leave well enough alone...what if it changes. What if I did not wait long enough for the preggers part to penetrate (hahahaha) that part of the stick.

So, like two hours later you find me in the ladies bathroom at my office. A bathroom which is a shared bathroom...with my arm in the trash...all the way up to my elbow digging around for this stupid stick to make sure it hasn't changed.

Can you imagine if someone had walked in and seen me. The trash is right by the door.
I finally found the stick. Still one line. No babies for me.
I threw it away again. Washed my hands/arm.
Went back to work.