Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Reflection


I was just sitting here thinking about Christmas as a kid.

We honestly had amazing Christmas's.
We might not have had a lot of money but my mother went out of her way to make sure we had a lot.

I remember every year coming down stairs and there would be presents laid out from the base of the tree usually almost all the way across the room. Toys would be set up, whether it was barbie houses, kitchen sets ( I remember a blue and white one), Pound Puppies, Cabbage Patch Kids...anything we wanted we got. Not that Christmas is about getting gifts which I know now, but seriously when you are a kid, it is.
Stockings were replaced with pillowcases, since they held more...my mom sure did a great job of making it an awesome morning.

AND, just when the last bits of paper were cleaned up and stocking dumped out on the floor, gifts were sorted into piles...there would always be one more thing hidden.
It might have been behind the burnt orange lazy boy or underneath the kitchen table but there was always something.

I might not always have positive things to say about my childhood but I really do feel blessed to have very fond memories of this morning...