Friday, May 30, 2008

AaaaaWoooooooo....Raccoons of Waltham.

OK,
So if you remember from my earliest of Blogs I had mentioned a raccoon problem.

so here we go, so whats the scenerio... We have had a family of FIVE raccoons living on our porch roof.

right by my living room wall...
I hear them dig.
Babies crying for their mama.

One night I heard them fighting on the roof and one of them fell off and hit the porch with a HUGE thud right next to my bedroom window.

this is not your average cute little raccoon family, this is the WT that moves in next door and brings the value of the neighborhood way down...

SO after weeks of trying to trap these very scary beasts....mind you the Daddy raccoon is like the size of a small pony. He would not even begin to fit in the traps. He must look at the trap like...phew...mother f'er... that shits for dummies, I dont care about your dumb ass can of cat food. I eat children for lunch.

LAST NIGHT !!! I come home from work to see a raccoon party on the porch roof. there are raccoons in the traps, out of the traps, all over the place.

So I park the car and walk up the driveway to see what is going on. I turn the corner and the raccoon that is free sees me and starts hissing and threating to run off the roof and eat my face off if I come any closer. I decide, good. We caught a raccoon, now Tommy (my land lord) will come home and take the trap away and we will have one less raccoon to worry about.


NOPE.

Although I did call him and alert him that we had indeed caught a raccoon, he felt no need to come and remove the trap(s) I later found out there were two RACCOONS in two traps.

They screamed and howled all night long on the roof top.

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?

Our neighbors must love us. Neither Kevin or I got much sleep due to the howling raccoons and the friends keeping vigil by their cageside.